Tuesday 18 December 2012

Don't Fret My Pets


Yesterday when I was talking to my friend Lauren, she asked me how I was feeling. Over the past few months, I've actually been really sick. I'm doing much better now, but I'm still really weak and haven't reached my full Ultra-Nichole potential. Before I got sick, I would complain about having to clean, cook dinner, do chores and having to take the dogs out in crummy weather. I didn't realize just how lucky I was to be able to do those things until I lost the ability to do even the smallest action by myself. If I've learned one thing from being shriveled up in bed, it's that being able bodied is a super power that I will no longer take for granted. I smile more now than I did, especially when I'm doing the things I used to grumble about doing. I've started being more expressive in almost every aspect of my life, and try to always make my appreciation for people, opportunities and random things in life known.

I know it is a cliche to say, but this time of year is about showing appreciation and spending time with people that make your smile muscles work overtime. This year, I understand what that really means. If you can clean up dog poop, pick your nose, shower, clean the house or even have a hangover, you are lucky to get to do those things. I am fortunate to be able to do any and every little thing I do, and now I really know that.

So, to answer Lauren's question, I'm doing well! I'm happy, healthy(ish) and very lucky. Thanks for asking! :)

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who reads this blog. Being able to write everyday has made a big difference in my recovery, and the unexpected support and interest I've gotten from people has made my heart feel like it's filled with hot chocolate and marshmallow-y happiness. Thank you!

Oh! Before I forget, I know that everyone is kind of freaking out about this whole Instagram debacle, so I wanted to toss in my two cents (well, 99 cents!). About a month ago I purchased a .99 cent app called Afterglow, and since then, I haven't used Instagram. There are tons more editing options and it's really simple to use (all of the photos above were done using Afterglow). I'm really happy with this new acquisition of mine, and I think that all of the little extras make this app worth paying for. I'm not sponsored or payed to say this, it's just my humble opinion.

I hope that everyone is having a lovely random Tuesday!

Hugs and poops,

Nichole

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nichole!
    Blogging is rather therapeutic isn't it? I'm not sure what it is about it, but writing does seem to make one feel less-stressed + paves the way for a faster recovery.

    Afterglow is a pretty cool app! Instagram is pretty much dead in my book. Especially if you're a blogger or a public figure who earns a living through your appearance....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally does! :)
      I'm loving Afterglow. I had stopped using Instagram after I purchased it, so getting rid of the account wasn't a big deal. I hear that Instagram may be changing things now that there's been such a big uproar over the update.

      Delete