Saturday 17 November 2012

Stockings For My Stockings

None of these feet are mine... but they should be.
All from Tabbisocks
I was in the back of the line when all girls lined up to get shoe obessions, so when they ran out, I got left with a sock obsession instead. I have more pairs of tights, socks and leggings than the little girls section of Sears, and I'm proud.

A few months ago I found a company called Tabbisocks, and I quickly developed a problem. I check the site daily and sigh with despair when I look at my legs and realise that they are not covered in layers of their products. I'm not even paid to say this stuff, that's how bad I've got it for socks. Santa, are you listening?
See the photo above? That's a collage of socks I made in my spare time. What's the point of me telling you this? There isn't one, except for the fact that Black Friday is coming up and I'M GOING TO SPEND MY LIFE SAVINGS ON THINGS THAT COVER MY FEET. End rant.

As much as I hate the fact that Christmas has become more of a commercial thing for people than a holiday with special meaning, I have officially started my Christmas shopping. Since I have to spend a lot of time at home, I've been doing quite a bit of it online. I guess this has sucked me into the insanity of Christmas in November, because I want to order things now to ensure that I have them in time for Christmas. I don't know what it was like everywhere else, but in St. John's the Christmas products started coming out just before Halloween and then exploded full force on November first. I always get gifts for my close friends and family, but I think of Christmas as a time when I'm fortunate enough to have vacation days to spend with the people that I like a whole lot. Does the fact that gifts are involved cheapen the whole thing, or does it still mean something special to people?

I just wonder what everyone else thinks. :)

In my opinion, any time that encourages people to put shiny lights on things and have happy thoughts is great.
Also, winter is cookies are coming.

Happy Saturday everyone!

Hugs and poops,

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment