Tuesday 22 January 2013

Miriam's Grand Adventure


Today I have something a little different for you guys. It's a guest post by my friend Lori, who is in a bit of a bind. I'll let her tell you more about it, but the reason I'm posting it here is not only because friends stick together, but because I know that if I was in this position, I'd love for people to help me.

Maybe later on Lori will come back for another guest post to showcase some of her writing (she's super talented)!

***

I had been wanting a kitten my whole life but waiting until it felt settled. I wanted everything to be perfect. I wanted my own place, my own job and a partner to share the kitty with. Well, I got all of those things and got my very best friend in the whole world when she was just a few weeks old. Miriam. She's named after a David Lawrence character. The description of Lawrence's Miriam was how I imagined mine would be as she grew up; strong, independent and yet completely willing to love unconditionally.

Now, 17 months into Miriam's life later, all of those things I wanted to have to make sure she would have a great home, have been ripped away. My fiance suddenly dumped me right before our wedding and I was emotionally forced to leave the home we had built - which was on the other end of the earth.
Bringing Miriam from New Zealand to Newfoundland will cost just over $2000. While I am sure in some time I will have the money to do this, I know it may be quite some time - and I want Miriam to come while she still remembers me, to make the transition easier. Also, selfishly, you can imagine that I just miss her to pieces.
She kisses me, on the lips. She falls asleep being spooned by me, or being cuddled like a little baby swaddled. She puts both paws up in the air to be picked up. She is the most special thing in my life and I'll be damned to not have her in it.
Any help at all to getting my baby back to me would be greatly appreciated.


***

To help Lori out, visit THIS link.
Every little bit helps!

Thanks for being so understanding guys. I know it's not a usual post, but as you can tell, it's a very special situation. Lots of love to Lori and Miriam!

Hugs and poops,

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment