Sunday 10 February 2013

Why I Love My Sister


A few years ago my family went on a trip to Jamaica. It was an amazing trip and we continually talked about going back someday.

That day was suposed to be today!

There was one tiny glitch.

Yesterday there was a huge storm and a bunch of flights all across Canada got cancelled... including my sister's flight.

One thing I absolutely love about my sister is that she knows what she wants and she makes it happen. In this case, she wanted to go to Jamaica. My parents tried to get her another flight and spent hours yesterday trying to untangle the mess caused by the storm, but everyone told them there was just no way they could help. Amanda couldn't go to Jamaica.

Does this look like the face of a person who takes no for an answer?



Today she took me out for breakfast, shopping and girl talk all while on hold with Air Canada.

She spent nine hours on hold.

She's going to Jamaica.

Sometimes you need to take charge when you want something in this world. A little determination and a lot of patience is sometimes all that's in your way. My lesson of the day.

I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!

Hugs and poops,

Nichole

2 comments:

  1. Jeebus! Wow!! She has a lot of determination, good for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NINE hours on hold?!?! holy crap!! I don't think I would have had patience for that.

    ReplyDelete