Sunday 18 November 2012

Buy Books, Save Stinkies


Happy Sunday everyone!

On the last day of the weekend I either try to cram everything I should have done earlier in the week into this one day, or continue with my streak of doing nothing. Today is a cramming day, but not a stressful one, since I'll be getting some of my Christmas shopping done and parusing the toys at Chapters. Today is Chapters for Critters day! At the store on Kenmount Road here in St. John's, proceeds from anything you buy between the hours of 3:00 and 8:00 go to Heavenly Creatures. I get the bonus of not only crossing some things off my to-do list, but knowing that in doing it, I helped someone furry.

If you're not familiar with Heavenly Creatures, check out their website. You can donate there as well :)

Not only have I volunteered for this rescue organization, but it's also where I adopted my cat Harvey, so it's got a very special place in the thumpy chest chamber that I call my heart.
Help hungry animals like Harvey so they won't eat our fingers.

If you've got some shopping to do at Chapters anyway, why not do it today? Get it done and be helpful at the same time. Also, my friend Haley works there and she is SUPER HOT (and also loves animals).

I hope everyone has a great day!

Also, start commenting on my posts! I feel lonely, tell me what you most enjoy reading about here on zee blog.

Hugs and poops,

Nichole

2 comments:

  1. If I were in St. John's I would absolutely be shopping at Chapters RIGHT NOW. Shopping is so much better when it also helps little ones (furry or not). - Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true!
      I just got back from Chapters and the place was packed! Really good to see.

      Delete