Monday 11 March 2013

Life Lately



Ever feel like you're stuck in a rut and you just can't get out? I've felt like that a lot lately. I know that this isn't my normal type of post, but I thought that sharing this might make someone who's going through the same thing feel a little less alone.

Sometimes if feels like life isn't really going anywhere and that I'm stuck on repeat. Days start of with breakfast, then work, then supper, and then computer time/TV time before bed. I've also been eating a lot of take-out food lately. I think it's really easy to lose yourself a little bit in times like this.

I almost stopped blogging all together last week because I noticed from my stats that not many people were reading the blog anymore. I though 'what's the point in doing something that a million other people are doing better?'.

Well, here's what I really think.

It's easy for life to seem monotonous, but there's always a brighter side to see. The best things in life really are worth waiting for. I work every day to make money for now, but that doesn't mean that I'll do this one thing forever. Infact, if I really wanted to, I could get a different job and do something I enjoy more. I have that freedom, I just don't want to go that route right now. Also, I blog because I like to. My readers (as few as there may be) mean a lot to me, and if someone doesn't want to read the blog I shouldn't be hard on myself about that. I love having a little space just for my ramblings and pictures!

If anything, things/people that dissapoint you serve a very important purpose in life. They make the positive things in life shine a little bit brighter, and they might even help you to see when you need to make a change.

I hope that everyone's week is off to a great start. Since I've had kind of a rough time lately, I'll be doing a little bit of cookie binging therapy while looking up pictures of kittens and puppies on the internet... like an adult.

Hugs and poops,

Nichole

9 comments:

  1. I still read!! <3, and i wish we lived in the same place!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And thanks for reading, I really appreciate it.
      Now I want McCain cakes... (notices how I said cakes plural, ha ha)

      Delete
  2. I still read too!! Your blog always makes me smile. I'm sorry you feel so crappy. It happens when you're not in a job you love, and I've been there. Hopefully things will change for the positive soon, life is constantly changing! At least you have puppies and Mr. Dent to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I'm a super lucky person and I know it, but sometimes little things get you down in a big way. Positive thoughts and furry faces make everything a lot better :)
      Oh, and my awesome sister in law ;)

      Delete
    2. Aw, lol, thanks :)

      Delete
  3. feel better soon...and I read all your blogs

    ReplyDelete
  4. precious doggy!!!! Sorry you felt crappy...hope you are better now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't dogs make everything better? haha
      I'm pretty sure they are nature's medicine.

      Delete